Birthday parties are important celebrations of the lives of those we love and respect. You can tell how important a birthday is to someone by observing their reaction when you forget to acknowledge it. Birthdays are the one time each year when we can focus on an individual and their importance to us. We can express how we feel about them and celebrate their life with gifts. However, there are certain birthdays, such as the the 50th birthday party, that are particularly important to celebrate. When a person turns fifty they take a step into a new period of their lives. They are no longer simply young parents or people building careers after college. When a person turns fifty they are starting to stare old age in the face. They begin to think and act a little differently. Although many people will claim that they do not want any fuss made for their 50th it is important that you acknowledge them through a party. But how can you celebrate a 50th birthday party in a special way? Described bellow are some of my favorite ideas for 50th birthday parties.
1. Hobby party. One great way to celebrate someone’s 50th birthday party is to do some activity or hobby of theirs as a group. If, for example, the person is a big fan of golf take everyone golfing. If they like to bowl take them bowling. Perhaps their hobby is more difficult to do as a group? If so, simply base the party’s theme on the hobby. If they like sailing gets some models of sailboats or organize as group sailing trip. If they are fans of a particular sport or team decorate the house with team colors or logos. As a person gets older they start to spend more time on their hobbies. If you bake a cake or order one, make sure that its theme corresponds to the hobby.
2. Vacation party. Although expensive, one of the best ways to make a 50th birthday party special is to turn it into a vacation with friends. Pick a fun location where everyone can relax and enjoy some special form of recreation. This will make for a fun time when everyone can really enjoy each other’s company.
3. Dinner party. One of the best ways to celebrate someone’s fiftieth is through a formal dinner party. Send out formal invitations and have the guests arrive in tuxedos and dresses. Although expensive, a full catered dinner can show just how much you care. It will also mark the 50th birthday party as a special occasion.
4. Picnic. There are few more pleasant occasions than a picnic on a wonderful summer day. Choose a favorite spot and bring your favorite meal along. Plan activities such as games to occupy everyone’s time.
5. At any of the parties described above, give everyone an to opportunity to talk about why they like the birthday person. Have everyone think of something before they come to the party so that they are well prepared. Record the event so that in future years you can look back and enjoy what people said.
These are just a few of many ideas for 50th birthday parties. Obviously you need to think about the individual and their wishes before you do any planning. The most important thing is to give a person’s friends and family a chance to express how they feel. However, it is also important that you allow the birthday person a chance to do something they want. The first and most important rule is to have fun.