No matter if you are 8 or 80, everyone appreciates some attention on their birthday. If you are planning a fun birthday party, one thing that may be worrying you is what type of birthday favors you need to hand out. Party favors are used at just about any party and many people feel obligated to hand them out at the end of the party.
When you actually spend some time thinking about your guests, you will be able to come up with some fun birthday favors that they will actually appreciate. Instead of always heading right for the candy aisle for your birthday favors you need to look into some other gift ideas like toys and games. We have put together a list of some great birthday favors you can use for your next party:
1. Go with a theme. A great way to find creative birthday favors is to opt for a birthday theme. Even if you are older, a themed birthday party can be a lot of fun. Try hosting a masquerade party as this will encourage your friends to dress up. Send your guests home with a new mask to wear at future parties along with a nice note from you. For children, there are so many themes you can come up with that it will be easy for you to find party favors that match the theme. If you are going for a cartoon show, look for coloring pencils or crayons that have the characters from the show on the packaging. You can find just about anything at the Dollar Store and they always have a section of “popular characters” found on crayons and other items.
2. Take your child shopping. One of the best ways to find some great party favors for the party is to take the birthday child with you. Have them pick out a few birthday party favors that they feel their friends would enjoy. Be mindful of the cost when you head to the store to buy the party favors and make sure your child knows which areas to shop in and what their price range is. You can often find some fun novelty items for cheap like stickers, bouncy balls, balloons, and hair bands.
3. Unity. When it comes to finding birthday favors for a child’s party you need to make sure you are buying the exact same favor for each child. It is not uncommon for kids to get in arguments over a ball or something little because they feel like they were robbed since they didn’t get one too. This is why you need to make sure you have enough party favors for everyone and you need to make sure they are exactly the same for each child.
4. Long-lasting. Instead of just getting candy bars for everyone, why not look for some birthday favors that are going to be long-lasting? For adults opt for soap bars, candle holders, ornaments, and paperweights. For children look for things like necklaces, bandanas, flashlights, and pens. Look for gifts that have a little durability to them and will last longer than 5 minutes.
5. The actual basket can leave a long-lasting impression on the gift recipient. Instead of getting paper bags or cellophane bags, look for some thick plastic bags or boxes. Why not offer them all a small wicker basket? Empty flowering pots are popular with a lot of people as they can place party favors in them and then wrap them with cellophane to give it a unique presentation. The nice thing about a flower pot is that you can include seeds and a small plastic shovel instead of a box of candy.