The big 4-0 is a birthday party that is usually celebrated in style. People tend to go over the top for this birthday, with a large guest list, and plenty of decorations, as well as some humorous party games. The following is a look at some party games that you could use for an over the hill birthday:
1. The remember when game. For this game you are going to need to do a little research into the year that the person whose birthday it is was born. You will want to create a list of questions for the guests at the party to answer, based on events from that year. So, for example, you might say, “Who won the world series in 1950?” If 1950 was the year the person was born. You can say, “Who was president?” “Who starred in (name a movie released that year)?” Etc. Come up with fun questions from the year, and give everyone the list. The person to get the most correct wins the game.
2. Old people races. For this game you will need two teams, and either two walkers, or two wheel chairs. You will line up the teams, and race relay style to a given location using walkers or wheelchairs. It is a humorous game that mocks the person getting too old to walk on their own. You can add any number of twists to this, making it an obstacle course they have to maneuver with a big clunky walker, or give them other impairments as well.
3. Blindfolded and ear plugged communication chain. Once again you need two groups for this, you are going to have everyone line up, wearing a blindfold and earplugs. You will then whisper a message into the first person in line’s ear, and they have to pass it along, until it reaches the end of the chain. The group who get’s the final message to be closest to the original message shared, wins. This game will have people laughing all night about going deaf and blind.
4. Depends (diapers). This is a fun game where you provide each player with a pair of incontinence underwear, or a diaper, such as Depends, that they will wear over their clothes. You may need to buy a variety of sizes in order to have pairs that will fit each of your guests. You have each guest put it on when they come into the party, and the game is simple, whoever keeps it on the longest wins! Just don’t tell your guests that, you will find that some of them will get anxious to take it off fairly quickly, while others won’t think twice about it. Either way you will have a great conversation starter, and something to laugh about later.
5. Pin the glasses on the old person. This is a classic spin on the old favorite pin the tail on the donkey, played the same way.
Leave a Reply