What is the best part of a birthday party? The birthday cake is definitely one of the best things to look forward to. Just like a wedding cake, a birthday is not complete without a fun birthday cake to share with others. What makes a birthday cake so great? There are 2 main things that make birthday cakes fun, first, a birthday cake is absolutely delicious to eat and second, birthday cakes are fun to look at. Instead of sticking to a square cake, it’s time to think outside of the box and create a fun and easy birthday cake this year.
As you are thinking about the type of birthday cake you would like to create, you first need to think who you are creating the birthday cake for. Are you baking it for yourself, for a loved one, or for a friend? Does the birthday party have a theme? If so, you want to stick to the theme of the party. Let’s say the birthday theme is ‘Winnie the Pooh’. You have some fun options here. You can bake a cake to look like one of the characters or you can do another fun thing and that is to bake the cake to look like a jar of honey or like the hundred acre wood. Be creative with the design of the birthday cake.
If you are stuck on picking a cool birthday cake design, here are some fun themes and cake ideas that may help enlighten your creativity:
- Movie Theme Cake like Star Wars. You can get really creative here and make the cake look like a character or another thing from the movie like a lightsaber or the Death Star.
- Cartoon Cakes. What is your child’s favorite cartoon character? Decorate the cake to look like the character.
- Animal Cakes. Kids love to eat something that looks cool. Instead of giving them a square cake with a picture of a dog on it, bake the cake to look like a dog or another animal. Just think how fun it will be for your child to cut a cake that is shaped like a dinosaur.
- Pizza Cake. This cake is fun for adults and for kids. Decorate your cake to look like a pizza. Pick up some fun cake decorations at your local party store or go online to find edible cake decorations that look like pepperonis, olives, and peppers.
- Hobby cakes. Do you have a favorite hobby? How about creating a cool birthday cake that is based on your hobby. If you love bowling, bake a circular cake and then use black frosting to cover the cake and then use three specs of white frosting to make the holes for your fingers. You could even use candles to make the holes for your fingers.
- Fish bowl cake. This is a fun cake idea, you can use Swedish fish to decorate the cake. Bake a circular cake and paint the bottom half with blue frosting and the top with white frosting or clear frosting. Then add some Swedish fish to the bottom of the cake to show swimming fish.
- Camping Cake. Do you have an outdoorsman in the family? A camping or hunting cake is a fun idea. Bake a square cake and cut the top corners off to make it appear like a tent. You can frost the entire cake to be a tent and then use some edible characters to decorate the cake. Don’t forget to find a grizzly bear or another animal to add to the cake. Be sure to use a candle to act as the lantern for the tent.
Leave a Reply