Birthday parties need more than cake and ice cream to be really memorable. So why not hire a birthday party entertainer? From clowns to balloon animal makers there are lots of choices for making that next birthday party really special. Yet, because this is certainly not an everyday thing, many people are overwhelmed and confused as to finding and hiring a party entertainer. By following some of these guidelines you can hire an entertainer who will make your next birthday party, whether for you or someone else, really special.
Here is the information you need to know about how to hire a great birthday party entertainer:
• Type of entertainer – You should first ask yourself what type of entertainer suits your party best. For example: If you plan to hire a clown, remember that clown makeup is meant to be seen from a distance at the circus. Up close and personal, it can be scary to younger children. What is the age and mix of your party guests? Will they be thrilled with having an entertainer or are there other things that will be taking their attention?
• Consider the costs – The cost of an entertainer will vary on the basis of your location and his level of experience. A top children’s entertainer can command $300 or more in some areas. In others, you can find quality entertainers for $75 to $100. Shop around and be sure to ask family and friends if they have any recommendation. Just remember that this is an area where you get what you pay for. While you can save money having your nephew be a DJ is that what you really want your guests to remember about your party? Tipping is usually optional.
• Consider the location and the logistics – Clearly examine whether your party can accommodate an entertainer. While teens may be enchanted with a palm reader having her located in the right spot is crucial to guests enjoying her services. Consider carefully if your party has room in the original venue or if you need to set up additional space inside or out for the entertainer to perform in.
• Consider the noise level – What will the noise level be at the party? If you are hosting a child’s birthday party plan on high levels of noise. While adults may stop to glance at a belly dancer or two, they too may continue their conversation over the performance. For the best show, you may want to be able to gather your guests for a short performance from the magician or comedian and then let them resume other party activities this way you won’t have your entertainer competing with the party noise. In addition you may want to turn off background music and if youngsters are in attendance tuck toys out of sight. For parties at home keep the pets outside the limits of the party as well.
• Consider the entertainer’s needs – Know exactly what the entertainer will need before the party starts. Getting it all down in fine print is crucial to hiring the right entertainer. Make sure that you get the costs, start and stop times and any other pertinent information in writing from the entertainer before the party this way you will know exactly what to plan on. In addition, find out if your entertainer needs a table, special lighting or will require any help from you. Nothing is worse than having to leave a party to search for what you entertainer needs. You will also want to find out if your entertainer will be willing to spend more time, especially with kids, expects to eat or be able to take breaks. Having a clear picture helps you be able to plan a memorable party with your entertainer’s help.