There are a few milestone birthdays that everyone will usually remember for the rest of their lives. That’s why it’s so important to give the lucky person a big birthday bash. Believe it or not, there are a lot of milestone birthday party ideas out there to choose from. Here are a couple of ideas to use for milestone birthdays.
Sweet 16 for girls
“Twilight” seems to be the teenage craze today so what better way to say “happy birthday” than to throw a Twilight birthday party. Try color coordinating invites with party decorations; red, white, and black go nicely with this theme. There are so many things you can do with this idea:
• Invitations: a simple invitation on white cardstock will suffice for this party. Write all party information on a small sheet of vellum in black writing and tie it all together with a red ribbon.
• Food: It’s best with teenagers to stick with something generic and simple like pizza or spaghetti. Dessert however can be much more fun. Think of trying some of the following ideas; chocolate dipped strawberries, vanilla ice cream with strawberry and chocolate sauce, soda, and of course apples.
• Activities and games: To set the mood for the party you can go and buy the soundtrack from the movie Twilight. Just have it playing in the background so there’s no “dead” time. A trivia contest about the movie and characters is always fun to do with friends. See who gets the most questions right and give a prize to the winner. Bobbing for apples also goes along with the twilight theme since in the first book she’s holding an apple on the front cover. And lastly you could have a Twilight scavenger hunt. Have the guests look for Twilight related items such as apples, dog bones, glitter, diamonds and pictures of the cars used in the book, to name just a few.
Celebrating 50 years
Living through half a century isn’t a milestone that anyone forgets. There are dozens of ways to celebrate a 50th birthday so that they’ll always remember it. Here are some ideas:
• You’re “over the hill” party: This one is done a lot but with a good sense of humor can be a lot of fun. You can request black décor and use gravestones and funeral paraphernalia to decorate the house or wherever you’re throwing the party. Or if you’re certain that no one’s feelings will get hurt you could even request to throw the party in a funeral home.
• Wine and cheese party: Since 50 is the age of maturity you can have quite a sophisticated party with a little wine and cheese. Have some quiet classical music playing, a few good wines and a dozen or so different cheeses to taste with some crackers on the side. If you want to play any party games you could have a contest to see who can guess the year and name of the wine, cheese and crackers.
• Blast from the past party: This can be a fun way to celebrate 50 years of memories. Grab some old pictures of the birthday boy or girl and put them into a slide show for everyone to watch. Grab some oldies but goodies for tunes and voila, you’ve got yourself a tribute slideshow that everyone’s sure to laugh about.
These are but a few ideas to get you started. You might research or just use your creativity and imagination to come up with a memorable milestone party idea. Whatever you decide, make sure you plan ahead, cover the details, consider the honoree and guests and have a great time!