Over the hill birthday parties are supposed to be full of laughter and games. These games are supposed to be games that make fun of aging. They should involve all of the guests, and be something that you laugh your way through. Here are a few good ideas:
1. Musical Recliners. This is akin to musical chairs, but it is a funny, old age spin off of it. You play just like you do musical chairs, only you have recliners, newspapers and slippers for this game. Each person has to wear a robe and slippers, and when the music stops, they must find a recliner, and prop their feet up and read the paper. Your guests will be rolling on the floor with laughter as they fall on their bums and fight over recliners.
2. Spin the Bottle of Mylanta. This is a hilarious over the hill game that makes fun of the sensitive stomachs of most older people. For this game you need a bottle of Mylanta. Have the guests sit in a circle, and spin the bottle. Only, for this game, instead of kissing, when the bottle lands on you, you have to share a funny experience of you with the birthday guest of honor!
3. Hide and Go Pee. For this game you need some adult diapers, and have everyone wear them. The louder the better. Look for the cheaper ones that kind of make a swishing noise when you walk with them on. Then, play a good old fashioned game of “hide and go seek”, only you are going to call it “Hide and go pee” as adults dressed in diapers hide and run from other adults dressed in diapers, you will be sure to get a few good laughs.
4. Simon Says Something Incoherent. This is a version of “Simon Says” only it makes fun of the often incoherent things that the elderly say. To make this game more fun, give each guest a blindfold and ear plugs, and then do Simon Says. It will be humorous to see them try and follow directions without being able to see or hear very well.
5. Doc, Doc, Goose. You probably can guess what this is, it is duck, duck, goose, only instead of Duck, you say Doc. Since doctor visits become more frequent when you age, it is a fun game to laugh about that fact of life.
6. Pin the Toupee on the Bald Guy. What is one of the other signs of aging? Hair loss in all the wrong places, and hair growth in all the rest. For example, you lose your hair on top of your head, but your ear and nose hair seem to multiply. This is pin the tail on the donkey, old person style, where you pin the toupee on the bald guy. Guests will laugh as they see where else hair ends up, because it is only too reminiscent of reality.